add a background

Background

Families are Forever

Friday, March 25, 2011

I stand all amazed





Our prayers have been answered, 3 weeks ago we adopted our beautiful baby girl Fawn Aylee. She is so wonderful. We feel the Lords hand in our life. I just knew that I needed to put our story in here. We have felt so blessed and have seen the Lords hand in this adoption. One and half years ago some close friends of mine helped me start thisblog, which is part of why we have this beautiful girl. We have been waiting to adopt for a few years now, and at the time we were frustrated that our profile was never being looked at. We sent our blog to all our families and friends, with hopes that by word of mouth a birth mom would find us and choose us. We had a few people look and respond, but no birth moms. We tried other avenues and we had someone contact us through our agency Lds Family Services, in the end it was a scam. We tried to go with other agencies but were not finacially able to do it. we had a birthmom come to our home, but she decided to keep her baby. We were going to try to adopt a baby boy from Denver but the spirit prompted us that this was not the child.
Then last summer my cousin Joy called us, she had remembered seeing our blog, and she knew someone close to her that wanted to look at us. The birthmom reviewed our profile and talked with us for a couple months, we grew to love this wonderful young woman, and her husband. We felt we were not sure if it would work out to adopt her baby, we thought perhaps they could make it work and keep their baby. We felt we needed to go and visit her and get to know her and her husband and their little boy. We just could not feel like this baby was ours. We were a little worried about the expense of going and getting our hopes us, and then our hearts broken how had happened in the past, we definitly felt the spirit prompting us to go and meet them. We went and left still not knowing what was goign to happen. In the end they decided to keep their baby, we were sad, but knew they had to do what was right. We prayed for their happiness. Then two weeks later an agency in Utah called us and told us that a birthmom was looking at our profile. We were excited, but in the end she decided to go with someone else. How our hearts were saddened. I felt to stop, that maybe we needed to take a break. I am amazed at my husbands faith, as he told me we needed to keep on. I had been preparing to nurse my baby,since November. Bryant told me not to stop pumping but keep preparing. He told me that the time was really really close and he could feel it when we prayed. So we continued on. Two weeks later my same cousin called me, she told me that her cousin knew someone expecting and if we would be willing to let her look at our profile. We said of course we would.
That is how Emma came into our life, Emma our birthmom had already looked at our profile out of the 10 others her friend had given her to look at. She felt distressed who to choose, but thought maybe it should be us. Georgina was the one that recommened us to her. She had gone to the family thanksgiving Dinner and saw Kayla the previous birthmom, she knew that Kayla was going to place her baby with us. She told us if we had not gone for thanksgiving she may not have known about us. We felt so thankful for the spirit prompting us to go and meet Kayla. We would have never known that Kayla would have helped us to find our baby. Georgina felt to tell Emma about us.When Georgina called Emma and told her about us. Emma told us how she felt so good and it confirmed to her that we should be the family for this baby. We also met a wonderful family taking care of Emma and her two daughters. Without their support and help we know none of this would have happened.
We were able to be in the room when Fawn Aylee was born. As I heard her first cries the spirit filled my heart, and I knew that this was the Lords will. We loved her from her first cries. I have learned so much about sacrifice. Emma is an angel for our family. I will never forget leaving the hospital with our new little girl, I will never forget holding Emma before we left,as both of us cried. How do you thank someone for giving you this Eternal Gift? How do I heal her heart as it breaks?I have not words to describe what I have felt and learned. I know that Emma sacrificed her own desires for her daughter and for us. I hope that I can be just as faithful when asked to make a worthy sacrifice. She gave her daughter to us, and in a small way I feel I understand the sacrifice our Father in Heaven made as he gave His son to all of us.
I have watched my children as they love their sister. When we brought Fawn home, Hyrum prayed and said " Heavenly Father, thank you that we could get the baby finally!" The children have seen the Lord answer our prayers.
As we came home how our heart filled with love, as family members,ward members and friends rejoiced with us. We realized how many people were hoping and praying for us, and the Lord honored their faith and prayers. Our bishop had shaken our hands a few months ago and promised us that we would get the baby we were meant to get. He was right. He told us to pray, and go to the temple to be sure that this baby was the one the Lord wanted to be in our family, we did that, and we felt the sweet confirmation that she is. I have learned that it takes many poeple for a miracle to happen like this and she is our miracle. I have so much I want to say, but most of all I want to say we thank the Lord that our prayers have been answered. We stand all amazed at the Love that has been offered us. For this beautiful blessing of joy!!!Thank you all for all your faith and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption is a Heavenly Gift

To all our friends, We have started this blog because we want to keep others in touch with us, but the main purpose of this blog is to let all those that we know and their friends that we are trying to adopt. We feel so strongly about this and know that their is a precious life that is destined to come to our home.To those of you that do not know this is our story.When Bryant and I met and shortly before we were married Bryant asked me what I would do if we could not have children. I thought it a strange question, I said I did not know. He asked if I would be willing to adopt, I said yes I would. He asked several other questions, and then we never talked about adoption. We were married and shortly after had our first son, he was beautiful but was born and passed away within fifteen minutes. This was a trying experience, yet it helped us understand how hard it is to come home without a baby, and that we just needed to have faith that he was ok, and that the Lord was taking care of our little one.Since then we have had (as many of you know) three beautiful children: a daughter and two sons. They are the joy of our life!Each pregnancy came with great challenges, and many complications to my health. After our second son was born we lost two other babies due to misscarriage, and full of complications. It was at this time, that a friend of ours suggested adoption. We felt we needed to have more children than the two we had at home. I pondered it, but thought that we should try again. It was then that I had another misscarriage.It was at this time one day I took our children to a story time at the library. As we were getting ready to leave, my daughter tugged on my arm. "Look Mommy look!" I turned to look, and there was a little african american baby girl. " She so cute!" My daughter said. I felt something in my heart at that moment, it seemed like a prick and the thought came, you need to adopt. I thought perhaps I made up the feeling, but could not explain it because it was so strong.I then went home and my mother in law called me, she did not know that we had even had the second misscarriage, because we did not tell anyone that I was pregnant. She told me she had been thinking, and felt to tell us that we should adopt. I felt a stirring again in my heart. Later that day Bryant came home and told him all my thoughts. I then remembered a dream that I had each time before I delivered our children. In the dream I have a child but am very surprised because the baby does not look anything like us. As my husband and I talked I realized the meaning of this dream. He then told me he always thought that we would adopt.It was then that my husband and I knelt down in prayer and felt such a strong feeling that we did need to adopt, that a child needed to come to our family this way.It was then almost five years ago that we got ready to adopt we did our home study and have been ready ever since. Shortly after we were finished with our homestudy, we had a surprise and found out I was pregnant with our youngest son. We almost lost him at 16weeks, and I was very sick. We were so blessed to have him come to our family. After he was born we knew I could not have any more children. Still the feeling that we needed to adopt never left.So we have been waiting, waiting for someone to choose our family. We are have gotten really close, and have even been chosen , but things did not work out. We are trying to be patient, the feeling that our family is not complete remains strong. Our children have been such an example of faith to us. Our daughter especially she said that maybe she could win a race to pay for the adoption. And our son said maybe he could win the Hamburger contest at Red Robin, and then we could adopt a baby. Our youngest is so fond of babies, so gentle and sweet. Our children pray for a sibling. I think even they can feel the Lord preparing their heart for their new brother or sister.Sometimes it is hard to wait, but we know that the Lord will bless us, and lead that special mother to us. We are open to "open adoptions" (where we keep in contact with the birth mother). We pray for the birth mother whereever she is and hope that the spirit will lead her to us. We hope that when we do adopt that if she desires we can stay in contact with her, and let their little one know who gave them life like some of our relatives who were adopted and whose birth parents have also been a blessing in their life.We ask that you can keep us in your prayers when you can that this will happen at the right time also. We want to ask you if you can please share our story with your friends and family in hopes that we can be found by that special mom.We are working with LDS Family Services and this is the link to our profile for more pictures and more about us. https://www.itsaboutlove.org/ial/profiles/11193581/ourMessage.jsfWe love you all, thankyou for your prayers

Love,Bryant, Audrey & kids