This has been a wonderful summer. My last post was about my family and the wonderful time we had with them. I feel so blessed to have not only one wonderful family but two. My McNeill family is wonderful. We were able to go and visit them the end of July. Lisa wanted all her children and their spouses to meet in the temple for her birthday. What a wonderful wish! Her wish blessed my life. Evelyn, Bryants sister made it happen. She had babysitters all lined out to watch our kiddos, even the babies. She organized a photo shoot for family pictures, and lots of fun activities. This woman is amazing!
As we sat together in the temple my heart was filled with so much love. I knew that I loved all these people, but at that moment It seemed that I realized just how much they all mean to me.
Lisa, she has become not only a mother to me but a friend. She has been there for me in all the times that I needed a friend and rescuer.I truly have come to understand the story of Ruth and Naomi, because I feel the same as Ruth. Wherever she is that is where I would like to be. Her people have truly become my people. And her testimony strengthens me!
Richard, is a father and friend. He is so loving, I always feel loved accepted wanted and appreciated. As I saw him next to his sweet wife, I felt so blessed, at the tender moments he has taken with me, to tell me how much he loves me, or just talks to me when he knows that I have been sad. Everything he says is well thought out, kind and wise. He is a great man.
Winslow and Melissa, these two people have been the example that led Bryant and I in our first year of marriage. We watched them, and were very impressed, we tried to follow there example. There is always a smile and a laugh from Melissa, and in some of my greatest hours of need she was there to hold me up. To cry with me, she remembers my heart ache, and I know that she truly does mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort. Winslow has been there for Bryant too, Bryant had to be strong for me when our baby died, but when Winslow came, Bryant knew he had a shoulder to cry on and a brother to hold him up.
Clifton and Janelle, Clifton has been a great friend too, to Bryant, I know every time he calls and asks how Bryant is, it cheers Bryant up, he loves it. I love it, I know that he never forgets about us, he is thinking of his family and he loves them. And Janelle, saver of my cat ( she saved our cat from near death in 2007) and when she sees me I feel like she is so happy to see us, she is fun and funny, beautiful and a wonderful mother. I admire her in all her happiness, talent to make one feel they belong:)
Evelyn and Ian. Ian has become a brother to Bryant. Bryant loves to talk with him spar with him. He knows and gets so excited when we are going to see Ian because, Ian has a way of helping Bryant feel awesome and appreciated. Bryant truly has gained another brother and friend. They spar, and laugh. And I love to see them so happy:)Evelyn, now what can I say about this beautiful woman, who I met as a 16 year old girl, and she has become one of my best friends, someone I can talk to always. When I am with Evelyn, I believe that all my dreams are possible. She is such a wonderful aunt, I would have never thought how much this 16 year old girl would mean to me later in life. She has a way of teaching me and talking to me, helping me make sense of things. She makes sure that I don't' forget to have fun. I can laugh with her. She has followed in her mothers footsteps and at a moments notice she will come to help us with sickness or sadness. I only hope that I can one day help her as much as she has helped me!
John and Mandy, John brings the party and the positive happy easy going attitude. John has so many talents, and one of them we saw at Christmas. They came to visit and he played with Hyrum, Hyrum sometimes has a hard time warming up to people but not with John. He loved to be with him and felt comfortable and happy. I think that this easy going nature and a genuine love for others is wonderful. Hyrum asked where he got his left handedness, and Bryant said, well I guess you got it from my Brother John. Hyrum liked that. John is a friend to all. Mandy, is an achiever and a go getter, and has been so kind to me ever since the first time I saw her. Mostly I remember our time in El Paso, Bryant had been gone and I moved there and was alone the first month. John and Mandy came, and made sure I was okay, then we had Isabel's birthday party, we asked them to come with short notice, but I told them that I was going to be dressed up as Bell from beauty and the Beast and Bryant was going to dress as the beast. Well they came to our party dressed as a king and queen. Isabel loved it, Mandy made it in her heart that day and has never left. I felt that they made it a priority to be there for this simple party, because it was special for our little girl. Mandy had a tradegy of her own, and I felt so honered that she trusted me to watch over her sweet boy. It felt good to be needed. When Mandy came for Christmas, we felt honored that they would want to come spend this special time with us, we loved it.
Ricky and Jenny- I saw these two sitting together in the temple, and I met Ricky when he was really young, and I realized he is not that kid anymore, but he is a man and a good man, who has a wonderful wife, another sister for me. Ricky has always been a dreamer and he is achieving his dreams, I am so proud of him, both Bryant and I are. and Jenny, what a sweet aunt she is always smiling always ready to help with the kids. It is because of her that I have so many pot holders and other knitted items from Isabel:)( She took out the time to teach Isabel how to knit). I realized as we were sitting in the temple and felt deep down that this special person is now my sister and part of my life and my family, and I felt so glad to know her and be a part of her life.
I cannot express all that I feel about my McNeill family, but my cup runneth over. The Lord has been good to me to let me be a part of these wonderful peoples lives. I love all of you everyone. I am so glad that I was able to see just how blessed and lucky I am!!!!






I didn't know that you were blogging again! I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier - it was so sweet! I definitely need to share your sweet thoughts with the rest of our sisters. You are such a sweet woman, Audrey, with such a tender heart and I feel so privileged to have such a choice sister of our Heavenly Father as my sister! ~mandy
ReplyDelete